• Home
  • Blog

Episode 290 : The Poorly Photographers Society, with David duChemin

Episode 290 : The Poorly Photographers Society, with David duChemin

David duChemin is a world & humanitarian photographer, best-selling author. David recently took a fall during one of his workshops in Italy, and is still recovering from his ordeal.

With me finding out last week that I have a brain tumour we find ourselves with a heightened appreciation for life itself, and the beauty of the world around us. With this, we decided to get together to record this week’s Podcast, which marks the inauguration of the Poorly Photographer’s Society, spurred on by David’s comment to me last week that we should “Carpe the crap out of the Diem”!

David actually renamed the Society to the Not Quite Dead Photographers Society during the Podcast recording. Nice one David!! :-)

Anyway, it’s a great chat, and you can listen with the audio player below, or subscribe to the Podcast in iTunes and get this and future episodes automatically downloaded.

You can find David on the following Web sites:

David’s Web site: http://www.davidduchemin.com/
David’s Blog: http://www.pixelatedimage.com/blog/
David on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/pixelatedimage

David is also behind the amazing photography resource: Craft And Vision

I own and love almost all of the eBooks that David has written, and most of those that are available from other photographers on Craft And Vision. They are amazingly beautiful and packed with information as well as images, not to mention incredibly affordable.

Here are some Amazon affiliate links to David’s best selling books too. Buying with these links costs you no more, but helps to support the Podcast.

Podcast show-notes:

David’s Web site: http://www.davidduchemin.com/
David’s Blog: http://www.pixelatedimage.com/blog/
David on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/pixelatedimage
Craft and Vision: http://www.craftandvision.com/

Audio

Listen right here:

Audio MP3

Subscribe in iTunesSubscribe in iTunes for Enhanced Podcasts delivered automatically to your computer.

Download this Podcast in MP3 format (Audio Only).

Download this Podcast in Enhanced Podcast M4A format. This requires Apple iTunes or Quicktime to view/listen.

Comments (15)

• Pingback: Martin Bailey

• Pingback: Theodore (Ted) Stark

• Pingback: Martin Bailey

• Pingback: Craft&Vision

• Pingback: Alltop Photography

• Pingback: David duChemin

• Susan M

June 14th, 2011 at 21:47

Great way to spend my evening at home. Photography has not only opened up to me a world of creativity but also brought me to know, (albeit via cyber at times) some really nice people, as the two sharing with us their conversation on this podcast. Thank Martin!

• Pingback: Recent Interviews

• Jan

June 15th, 2011 at 03:22

Ah, two of my favorite photographers in this podcast!

There are so many great points that the two of you bring up. Receptivity ~ love the concept and I totally agree. Limitations are only set by the person behind the lens. I could go on and on! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Get well to the both of you. I can’t wait to see what the next level that you and David move up to next!

• Pingback: Scot Baston

• June 16th, 2011 at 04:59

Excellent and inspirational podcast guys, thank you so much for doing so much for this industry and for people in general. Be strong and get well to the both of you!!!

Jim

• June 16th, 2011 at 21:54

Hi Martin,

I really enjoyed your conversation with David.

There is great depth here. Sure, a lot of talk of gear, but as a means to photographic expression.

What struck me most, though, was how David seems to be plotting how he will turn his recent adversity into a benefit going forward; using it as a positive stepping stone of some kind in his career.

It leaves me pondering your own situation, of which I have some experience. I truly wish you well (in all senses of those words).

Roger

• June 22nd, 2011 at 20:21

Hi Martin,
    Fantastic interview with David. You both show tremendous strength and still maintain a sense of humor. That’s great! Would love to throw a few (or 10) pints with both of you. Be well and get well guys. God Bless!
    Alex

• Pingback: The Record is Skipping: DO WHAT YOU LOVE

• July 21st, 2011 at 09:46

Great interview, Martin. I’ve listened to David interviewed on so many different podcasts already that I didn’t expect to get much out of this one. Boy was I wrong. Your discussion was interesting and useful in a way that NONE of the other podcasts were. Without naming names, the other interviews (and interviewers) come across as very superficial by comparison. Thanks for another great podcast! I will be listening to this one more than once.

I see from other comments that you’ve made that you are on the mend. I’m relieved to read this and it is my hope and prayer that you continue on the read to a full recovery.