25 Nov 2013 Interview with Offset’s Keren Sachs & Scott Braut (Podcast 397)
Shutterstock changed the stock photography industry when they opened their doors in 2003, answering the needs of photography buyers and agencies worldwide, and creating new opportunities for photographers to sell their work. They’ve done it again recently, with the creation of a sister brand called Offset, a curated library of quality work, which I’m proud to also be contributing to. This week it was a pleasure to talk with Keren Sachs, Head of Image Acquisition, and Scott Braut, the VP of Content at Offset.
Areas we touch on include…
- What is Offset?
- How did Offset come about?
- How have the buying public and agencies received Offset since opening the doors to the public recently?
- How did you select the artists you invited during the beta phase and moving forward?
- Is it possible for people to apply to join Offset?
- What do you want to see in a body of work from people that would like to join Offset?
- Do you think we’ve seen the end of traditionally priced [rights managed] stock photography?
If you would like to have your work considered for inclusion in the Offset catalog, you can scroll down and click on “Contribute to Offset” at the bottom of the top page. There is also an email address that you can use to ask questions, so please listen out for that in the audio.
Check out Offset at http://www.offset.com/
Music by UniqueTracks
Subscribe in iTunes for Enhanced Podcasts delivered automatically to your computer.
Download this Podcast in MP3 format (Audio Only).
Download this Podcast in Enhanced Podcast M4A format. This requires Apple iTunes or Quicktime to view/listen.