08 Dec 2014 Quality of Light with Darlene Hildebrandt (Podcast 451)
Today we bring you a great conversation with photographer and educator Darlene Hildebrandt, with lots of advice on the quality of light, making the most of shooting with natural light, and some great off-camera flash tips as well.
Here are a few bullet points from our conversation, but you need to listen to get the rest this week.
- Darlene shares a little about her background and education in photography
- We discuss Darlene’s new Portrait Lighting on Location course
- A discussion about the quality of light, and what this means to Darlene
- Using natural light, off-camera flash, reflectors and diffusers
- Darlene gave us five tips for seeing and utilising the best light
- Find the “good” light, get out of the sun
- Look for a good background
- Examine the direction of light and use it to your advantage
- Look for “open shade” whenever possible
- Work smarter not harder
The Portrait Lighting on Location course is 25 videos and over 240 pages of course notes, and it’s all incredibly well produced and laid out, to help you make the most of the content.
It usually retails for $149 but will be on sale at $99 from Dec 8 (from 9am PST) to Dec 12, 2014, for those of you that pick up this episode early.
If you miss the sale, you can still get a 25% discount off the regular price by using the code MBP25!
You can also view a free lesson on Portrait Lighting Patterns here.
You can find Darlene online on these social networks…
And here are a few example portrait photographs from the course.
You can find Darlene on Facebook here: digitalphotomentor
And Google Plus here: +DarleneHildebrandt
Darlene on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dpmentor
See details of Darlene’s Portrait Lighting on Location course here: http://mbp.ac/plol
Music by Martin Bailey
Subscribe in iTunes for Enhanced Podcasts delivered automatically to your computer.
Download this Podcast in MP3 format (Audio Only).
Download this Podcast in Enhanced Podcast M4A format. This requires Apple iTunes or Quicktime to view/listen.