Accommodation & Meals
We stay in four-star accommodation throughout the tour, with great food, sometimes eating in local restaurants. We’ll note if you have our any food preferences (allergies, vegetarian etc.) and make changes as possible to suit your needs.
What is included in the Package?
- All accommodation and meals during your tour
- A bus with driver (and lots of luggage space) to transport us safely and comfortably around Morocco
- A tour guide from our travel partner stays with us throughout to ensure that logistics run smoothly
- Martin Bailey is on-hand the entire time to give advice on the creative and technical aspects of photography
- Photography Models such as camel handlers in the Sahara Desert
- All entrance fees
- Tips for portage and planned photo shoots
- Tips for meals, 4×4 drivers and camel guides etc
- A Change purse with small coins (100 Moroccan Dirham)
What is NOT included in the Package?
- Any international flights and accommodation costs en route to and from Casablanca, Morocco
- Beverages or additional items ordered during meals
- Travel insurance
- Tips for the guide and driver
Shortly after you sign up, you will receive a PDF document to help you with your preparations. This includes a detailed itinerary, details on recommended camera gear and other local information to make your tour as enjoyable and productive as possible.
Cost & Reservation
The cost for the tour is $5,350 (US$) per person for a shared or double room. If you will be traveling alone a single supplement of $850 (US$) is payable. Note that we will not pair up solo travelers, so if you come as a single, the single supplement is required. The tour payment is split between a $1,000 deposit/reservation fee, and the remaining balance.
The tour requires a minimum of eight (8) participants to go ahead, with a maximum group size of 14, though we’ll be aiming for 12. We will keep you informed of booking progress, and a final decision regarding the tour will be no later than August 12, 2018. Should the tour not go ahead, you will receive a full refund of your deposit. Please ensure that the tour has reached the minimum number of participants before you purchase any flights that require cancellations fees.
Reservation Fee / Deposit – If you decide to cancel up to 90 days before the start of the tour, your reservation fee will be refunded if we are able to back-fill your place. If you cancel within 90 days of the start of the tour, we cannot refund your deposit (see notes below)
Tour Fees / Balance – If you cancel your reservation the following charges will be payable, in addition to any forfeited deposit as outlined above.
- If you cancel more than 91 days before the start of the tour your balance will be refunded in full
- From 46 to 90 days before the start of the tour, you will be refunded 75% of your balance
- From 31 to 45 days before the start of the tour, you will be refunded 50% of your balance
- From 30 to 0 (zero) days before the start of the trip no refund is available
Notes on Cancellation Fees and Notification Timing
- Any transfer charges and transaction fees incurred on accepting and/or refunding any payments will be deducted from any refund amounts due
- The number of days to tour start are calculated from 9am Japan Standard Time. Email received after 6pm JST on the previous day will be calculated from 9am JST the following day.
A Word on Insurance
Our Tour Operator carries standard insurance necessary by law but you are strongly advised to arrange the following insurance:
Travel Insurance — If you fall sick or have an accident during the course of the trip, you will miss part of your tour, and possibly incur hospital fees and other expenses that can mount up. We strongly advise you to take out travel insurance for yourself for the entire length of the trip in advance of departure
Cancellation Insurance — This is often included in your Travel Insurance, but if for any reason you have to cancel your tour, cancellation insurance can help you recuperate your costs
Note that travel and cancellation insurance often has to be purchased within 10 days of booking the tour or less. Please check on this as soon as you book.
Camera Equipment Insurance — We also suggest that you insure your photography equipment and belongings if not included in your home or travel insurance. If you already have your gear insured, double check that you are covered for international travel too, if you are visiting Japan from another country
Reservation and Balance Payment Buttons
To book your place on this tour, pay the deposit using the button below.
Our system manages inventory, so if you can select the number of places required, these places are available to book.
NOTE: The balance payment is payable 90 days before the start date of the tour. Please use the balance payment option above to start the payment process.
If you are interested in coming along but want more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to seeing you in Morocco!
— Martin Bailey
If you’d like to follow along with our antics on the 2017 tour, the following travelogue episodes are available.
Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4
Martin’s Morocco Portfolio
Click here to see a portfolio of Martin’s work from the 2017 tour.